Snackchat – Pizza Edition
Cheat day is about to come sooner for some of you. We’re looking for the freshest (and healthier) options for your favorite comfort foods and we thought the best way to your cure your hangry vibes was to give you another reason to eat pizza.
So here you have it. We’ve listed the recipe for a cauliflower crust, but the pizza toppings are up to your taste and dietary restrictions (paleo, gluten free, vegan etc).
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella
- Salt ‘N Pepa (in your crust and on the speaker)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- 2 large eggs
GET IT GOING
- Turn your favourite music on and clear your kitchen counter. We recommend this Meal Prep playlist.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Add cauliflower to a food processor until finely ground.
- Microwave cauliflower for 4-5 min or until soft. This will make your house stink, we’re sorry for that.
- Spread cauliflower onto cheesecloth and let cool.
- Once cool, fold up the cheesecloth and wring out all excess water from cauliflower. Place dried cauliflower into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in eggs, mozza, oregano, parm, salt + pepper (to taste). Mix until mixture turns into dough.
- Spread dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 min or until golden.
- Take out, add your pizza toppings and bake for 3-4 min.