One More Rep for Mental Health 2018
We reached 508,305 reps!
One More Rep is an initiative by Respect Your Universe to elevate the conversation around mental health. Our goal is to raise the awareness of the issues, open lines of communication, and demystify the stigma in order to make mental health care a reality around the world. Last November, our community came together and achieved an incredible 271,056 reps in 30 days. This year we’re inviting you to join us as we go for a million!
Why is RYU doing this?
We’re all fighting battles others know nothing about. We want anyone who is suffering to go to #RYUOneMoreRep and see how many people truly care. No one is alone in this fight and together we can change the outcome. Because when we turn “I” into “We” and we can turn “Illness” into “Wellness”.
Where can I participate?
One More Rep Swing Stations are set up with video cameras at every RYU store where anyone can come in and take the challenge. You can also do it at home or your gym. You can do it for as many times as you want during November. Every rep counts so start swinging!
How do I start?
- Open camera & start recording.
- Say “I am doing the RYU One More Rep for Mental Health and I challenge ___________.”
- Pick up the kettlebell + start swinging!
- Count your reps as you go. Every swing makes a difference.
Share your swings
- Upload your video to Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Include the # of reps in the caption.
- Hashtag #RYUOneMoreRep + #MentalHealth.
- Tag @ryu_apparel.
- Tag a friend to challenge them to swing in support of mental health.
Why a kettlebell?
A kettlebell swing is our united “symbol” of support. But if you don’t have one, anything you find around the house will do. A backpack filled with books or soup cans, a laundry basket full of clothes, or your cat (just kidding)!
What’s the 2018 goal?
1 million reps. While all donations will be gratefully accepted, our goal is less about raising money and more about raising awareness as a way to break down barriers and perceptions associated with mental health.
Are you raising money for charity?
Yes. If our community reaches a million reps by November 30, 2018, RYU will match dollar for dollar all funds donated in-store and online up to $5000 with 100% of all proceeds going to the Canadian and American Mental Health Associations.
How long is the campaign?
It’s a 30 day campaign from November 1 to November 30, 2018.
Can I track our progress?
Yes. The total number of reps will be updated weekly on RYU.com. So join us, come have some fun, and let’s all do One More Rep for Mental Health.
If you’re struggling with the pressures of life, or know someone who is, help is available 24/7.
In the USA:
- Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach a 24-hour crisis center, or text MHA to 741741 at the Crisis Text Line.
- Call 911, go to the nearest emergency room.
- Call 1-866-996-0991 or go to https://cmha.ca/ to find your local crisis line.
- Call 911, go to the nearest emergency room,